Lima to Paracas by Bus: 2018 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Lima to Paracas takes around 4 hours. Below we have detailed information about us safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Lima to Paracas.
This is a direct journey with all public bus companies, however there are some cool spots, like Chincha, that are worth stopping at, theses stops are offered only by private buses. Paracas is a small town and is home to the Ballestas Islands known as the “Poor man’s Galapagos” and the Paracas National Reserve.
To take a bus from Lima to Paracas you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Cruz del Sur, Civa , Oltursa)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Nazca to Lima are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE|
|CRUZ DEL SUR||DAILY||08:30,11:30, 12:00, 18:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|PERU HOP||DAILY||06:00 and 07:00||HOTEL PICK UP & DROP OFF||YES|
|OLTURSA||DAILY||12:45 and 19:15||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Peru Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Lima to Paracas by bus is usually a straight trip down the Pacific Coastline Highway which is, for the most part, in good conditions. Just choose the best bus Company and enjoy the journey!