Cusco to Nazca by Bus
Cusco to Nazca by Bus: 2023 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Cusco to Nazca takes around 17 hours and most public bus companies cross the dangerous Andes Mountains. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Cusco to Nazca.
Cusco to Nazca by bus is a long trip through the Andes Mountains to the Pacific coast. However, there are some bus companies that travel via Arequipa since it is considered a much safer route albeit slightly longer. There is no other option to get from Cusco to Nazca since there is no public flights to and from these destinations. Below is some information you should consider when trying to choose the best bus company for this route.
To take a bus from Cusco to Nazca you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Cruz del Sur, Tepsa)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Cusco to Nazca are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE||TRIPADVISOR RATING|
|PERU HOP||DAILY||19:00||PRIVATE TERMINAL||YES||98%|
|CRUZ DEL SUR||DAILY||14:00, 16:00, 18:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO||76%|
|TEPSA||DAILY||15:00, 17:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO||N/A|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best. Also nearly every public bus crosses the Andes Mountains so this is important to be aware of, whereas the hop on hop off usually goes down via Arequipa.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- What is hop on hop off?
- A ticket for a hop on hop off bus covers all journeys that the bus company takes. Rather than paying for all bus journeys separately, hop on hop off tickets allow passengers to board as many buses as they want and stay in destinations for as long as they please. They have been described worldwide as the best way to experience all that a country has to offer, and such has been the feedback from those who boarded the Peruvian hop on hop off buses. For more information click here.
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Peru Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Cusco to Nazca by bus is usually a pleasant journey, however it is suggested to take the longer way as it is considered a safer and better road. Just choose the best bus company and enjoy the journey!