Puno to Copacabana by Bus
Puno to Copacabana by Bus: 2024 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Puno to Copacabana takes about 3 hours. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Puno to Copacabana.
Puno to Copacabana is usually a short hassle-free trip. It is recommended to have all the paperwork required to cross the border, is you choose to you will be crossing the Bolivian border it is recommended to know the visa requirements, keep in mind they may vary according to your nationality. There are no direct flights from Puno to Copacabana so travelling by bus is the only option. Below is some information you should consider when trying to choose the best bus company for this route.
To take a bus from Puno to Copacabana you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Tour Peru, Trans Titicaca)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Bolivia Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Puno to Copacabana are as follows:
|ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE
|HOTEL PICK UP & DROP OFF
|06:00, 07:30 and 13:30
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- What is hop on hop off?
- A ticket for a hop on hop off bus covers all journeys that the bus company takes. Rather than paying for all bus journeys separately, hop on hop off tickets allow passengers to board as many buses as they want and stay in destinations for as long as they please. They have been described worldwide as the best way to experience all that a country has to offer, and such has been the feedback from those who boarded the Peruvian hop on hop off buses. For more information click here.
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Bolivia Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Puno to Copacabana by bus is usually a nice journey with paved road for the most part. Choose the best bus company and enjoy the journey!