Cusco to Huacachina by Bus
Cusco To Huacachina by Bus: 2022 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Cusco To Huacachina as takes around 19 hours. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Cusco To Huacachina.
Huacachina is the only oasis in South America, only private buses (like Hop On/Hop Off buses) offer direct trips while public buses have their terminals in Ica. The safest route is via Arequipa although it can also be via Nazca across the Andes which is not as safe. Another option would be taking a flight to Lima and then a 4-5 hour bus to Ica to finally take a taxi to Huacachina, this can be time consuming and expensive. Below is some information you should consider when trying to choose the best bus company for this route.
To take a bus from Cusco To Huacachina you have to main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Cruz del Sur, Otursa)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Cusco to Huacachina are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE||TRIPADVISOR RATING|
|CRUZ DEL SUR||DAILY||14:00, 16:00 and 18:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO||82%|
|PERU HOP||DAILY||19:00||PRIVATE TERMINAL ||YES||98%|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- What is hop on hop off?
- A ticket for a hop on hop off bus covers all journeys that the bus company takes. Rather than paying for all bus journeys separately, hop on hop off tickets allow passengers to board as many buses as they want and stay in destinations for as long as they please. They have been described worldwide as the best way to experience all that a country has to offer, and such has been the feedback from those who boarded the Peruvian hop on hop off buses. For more information click here.
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Peru Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Cusco To Huacachina is a long journey and should have stops along the way, the most common are Arequipa and Nazca. The longer road via Arequipa is the best option as it is much safer.