La Paz to Lake Titicaca by Bus
La Paz to Lake Titicaca by Bus: 2023 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from La Paz to Lake Titicaca takes about 3 hours. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from La Paz to Lake Titicaca.
This trip is usually via Copacabana and it offers unique landscapes along the way. As you will be crossing the Bolivian border it is recommended to know the visa requirements, keep in mind they may vary according to your nationality. There are no direct flights from La Paz to Lake Titicaca so travelling by bus is the only option. Below is some information you should consider when trying to choose the best bus company for this route.
To take a bus from La Paz to Lake Titicaca you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Tour Peru)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Bolivia Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from La Paz to Lake Titicaca are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE||TRIPADVISOR RATING|
|TOUR PERU||DAILY||16:30||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO||36%|
|BOLIVIA HOP||DAILY||07:00||HOTEL PICK UP & DROP OFF||YES||98%|
|TRANS TITICACA||DAILY||08:00 and 13:30||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO||N/A|
|GREEN TOAD||WEEKLY||07:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO||N/A|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- What is hop on hop off?
- A ticket for a hop on hop off bus covers all journeys that the bus company takes. Rather than paying for all bus journeys separately, hop on hop off tickets allow passengers to board as many buses as they want and stay in destinations for as long as they please. They have been described worldwide as the best way to experience all that a country has to offer, and such has been the feedback from those who boarded the Peruvian hop on hop off buses. For more information click here.
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Bolivia Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
La Paz to Lake Titicaca by bus is usually a nice journey with paved road for the most part. Choose the best bus company and enjoy the journey!