Lima is known for many things such as gastronomy, beautiful architecture and amazing ocean views, but safety is not one of them. For those who travel on a budget finding affordable accommodation in a safe area might be quite a challenge. We found Pool Paradise hostel to be the perfect alternative for saving money but still staying in a beautiful and safe district of Lima.
Located right in the tourist district of Miraflores, Pool Paradise will make you feel like if you’ve found an oasis just in the middle of a big city. Its green garden and spacious pool is the perfect place to take a breath after active tourism and just relax for a while. The hostel is only short walk from a number of restaurants and shops but at the same time it’s a quite and beautiful area.
The hostel offers shared dormitories as well as cozy private rooms at affordable prices. The rooms were extremely clean, including the bathroom (not every hostel is that clean, trust me). Also, I loved that they provide you with a complimentary deposit box so you don’t need to worry about the safety of your most valuable belongings.
- Friendly staff As soon as we arrived we were warmly greeted by the staff. They also gave us some recommendations on what to see in Lima. If you wish to get a tour you can easily do it without leaving the hostel, just contact an onsite travel agency.
- Interior décor The interior décor is very impressive. Antique paintings in massive golden frames make you want to find out more about Peru’s past even if you are not a big fan of history. The comfy common area is a great place to meet travelers from all over the world and share your stories.
ENTERTAINMENT TIP: If looking for fun at night, or to watch sports during the day, or even a taste of home, visit the Wild Rover Hostels Chain for great food, sports and beer! Entrance to their bars is free even for non-guests
- Pool and BBQ area We just loved the pool with its outdoor BBQ area. In fact, we’ve spent so much time looking for a hostel that would have a pool, but it turns out that Pool Paradise is actually the only hostel in Lima with a pool.
- Cooking classes It’s just an amazing opportunity not to be missed if you want to make the most of your Peruvian experience.
- Free breakfast and free internet access We loved our breakfast in Pool Paradise! And I am sure that breakfast and internet are not something you would want to pay for.
Remember that accommodation makes a large influence on whether you like the city or not. It’s very important to feel comfortable, safe and welcomed and this is exactly how we felt in Pool Paradise. If you are planning your trip to Lima you might want to check it out for more details HERE