Peru Bus Tickets and Schedules with Busportal
Finding the right bus ticket in Peru has never been a straightforward process, especially for new arrivals unaccustomed to the system. Even the best bus companies in Peru have clunky websites, while searching for and comparing bus tickets on the street involves tracking down a travel agency or trudging from one bus terminal to another.
In early 2012, however, a group of young entrepreneurs, including Peruvians and foreigners, decided to streamline the process. Nine months later, Busportal.pe went live. Since then, Busportal has been going from strength to strength, allowing you to find, compare and buy bus tickets with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Busportal is easy to use and lets you complete a number of bus-related tasks from your PC, laptop or mobile device. Features include:
- The ability to find and compare tickets for most major bus companies along the route of your choice, including the various services that each individual company offers. Tickets for 12 Peruvian companies are currently available on Busportal, the most notable exception being Cruz del Sur (they are likely to appear on Busportal in the future).
- Simple and secure ticket purchasing system; payments in dollars, euros or nuevos soles using Visa, American Express, MasterCard, JCB, Diners Club and Paypal. Refunds are available. Tickets prices are the same as buying directly from the bus company.
- Easy route search system with bus arrival and departure times.
- Information about each bus company, including photos of the buses for each itinerary
- Listings of promotions currently offered by each bus company connected with Busportal
- Website available in Spanish, English and French
Buying Peru Bus Tickets at Busportal
ENTERTAINMENT TIP: If looking for fun at night, or to watch sports during the day, or even a taste of home, visit the Wild Rover Hostels Chain for great food, sports and beer! Entrance to their bars is free even for non-guests
Busportal has taken majors strides in the last few years, including the introduction of 50 physical points of sale with third party agents (for example, tickets can be purchased through the Flying Dog Hostel in Lima using the Busportal system).
And if you’re wondering how safe and reliable the service is, well, I’ve yet to hear any negatives from people buying bus tickets through Busportal (feel free to leave your own experience, positive or negative, below).
As testament to the growing popularity of the site, Busportal management have informed me that their sales have grown 6,000 percent between Q1 2014 and Q1 2015, and the site is averaging 230,000 visits per month, with US$347,000 in sales per month. Sixty percent of site users, meanwhile, are foreign (non-Peruvian).
As things stand, the future looks bright for Busportal. And even if you don’t want to purchase your bus tickets online, it’s still an incredibly useful website for comparing prices, checking travel times, and finding out which companies travel along your required route.
Get a Small Bus Ticket Discount With My Busportal Code
You can get a small discount on your Busportal purchases by entering the code “howtoperu” in the appropriate box on the “Discounts and Refunds” section on the ticket purchase page. It all helps, right?
2 comments for “Peru Bus Tickets and Schedules with Busportal”