Puno to Ica by Bus: 2017 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Puno to Ica takes around 15 hours. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Puno to Ica.
Puno to Ica is a nice trip especially via Arequipa , it offers beautiful landscapes along the way. Travelling by bus is the only option, there is no direct flight to Ica and flying to Lima to take a 5-hour bus to Ica can be more expensive and time consuming.Below is some information you should consider when trying to choose the best bus company for this route. NOTE: Keep in mind that some Public buses don’t go directly from Puno to Ica and usually switch buses in Arequipa.
To take a bus from Puno to Ica you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Cruz del Sur, Transzela)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Puno to Ica are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE|
|CRUZ DEL SUR||DAILY||15:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|PERU HOP||DAILY||13:00||HOTEL PICK-UP & DROP OFF||YES|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Peru Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Puno to Ica by bus is usually a pleasant journey, and you could make a quick stop in Nazca to visit the Nazca lines. Just choose the best bus company and enjoy the journey!