Puno to Cusco by Bus: 2018 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Puno to Cusco takes around 6 hours. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Puno to Cusco.
Puno to Cusco is full of gorgeous landscapes along the way. Flying is an option too, but again no direct flights from Puno are available, only from Juliaca. Another option is by train, the Andean Explorer is a luxury train that goes between these 2 destinations with a stop in Lake Titicaca. Below is some information you should consider when trying to choose the best bus company for this route.
To take a bus from Puno to Cusco you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Turismo Mer, Inka Express)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Puno to Cusco are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE|
|INKA EXPRESS||DAILY||07:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|PERU HOP||DAILY||21:30||HOTEL PICK-UP & DROP-OFF||YES|
|TURISMO MER||DAILY||08:30 and 22:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Peru Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Puno to Cusco by bus is usually a nice journey, overnight buses are recommended since a lot of the travellers will be on their way to Machu Picchu after arriving. Just choose the best bus company and enjoy the journey!