Lima to Nazca by Bus: 2018 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Lima to Nazca takes around 7 hours and can be broken up with stops at Huacachina Oasis and Paracas along the way. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Lima to Nazca.
Along the way to Nazca, it is possible to visit various destinations south of Lima, and actually most people who do the Nazca Lines Flights usually spend 1 night in Huacachina Oasis on their way to Nazca. There is not so much to do in Nazca apart from the Nazca Lines.
To take a bus from Lima to Nazca you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Cruz del Sur, Tepsa, Oltursa)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Lima to Nazca are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSISTANCE|
|CRUZ DEL SUR||DAILY||03:45, 07:00, 13:30 and 14:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|PERU HOP||DAILY||6:00 and 7:00||HOTEL PICK UP & DROP OFF||YES|
|TEPSA||DAILY||12:00, 14:45, 16:30 and 21:35||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|GREEN TOAD||WEEKLY||03:45||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Peru Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Lima to Nazca by bus is a pleasant journey down the highway but stops should be taken along the way where possible. Just choose the best bus company and enjoy the journey!