Lima to Ica by Bus: 2017 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Lima to Ica takes around 5 hours. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Lima to Ica.
Lima to Ica is a direct journey with public bus companies, however there are some cool places like Chincha or Paracas that are worth stopping at before arriving to Ica. Remember, Ica is the city close to Huacachina Oasis, but there are companies (all hop on hop off companies) that bring you direct to Huacachina Oasis. Below is some information you should consider when trying to choose the best bus company for this route.
To take a bus from Lima to Ica you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Cruz del Sur, Civa , Oltursa)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Lima to Ica are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSISTANCE|
|CRUZ DEL SUR||DAILY||03:45, 07:00, 13:30 and 14:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|PERU HOP||DAILY||6:00 and 7:00||HOTEL PICK UP & DROP OFF||YES|
|OLTURSA||DAILY||7:30 , 12:45, 14:30, 1600||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|GREEN TOAD||WEEKLY||03:45||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Peru Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Lima to Ica by bus is usually a straight journey down the Pacific Coastline highway although it is recommended to visit Paracas along the way, or else maybe take another service direct to Huacachina Oasis. Just choose the best bus company and enjoy the journey!