La Paz to Puno by Bus: 2017 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from La Paz to Puno takes about 5 hours. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from La Paz to Puno.
This trip is usually via Copacabana and it offers amazing views of Lake Titicaca along the way. It is recommended to know the visa requirements as you will be crossing the Bolivian border, keep in mind they may vary according to your nationality. There are no direct flights to and from these cities. Below is some information you should consider when trying to choose the best bus company for this route.
To take a bus from La Paz to Puno you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Tour Peru)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Bolivia Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from La Paz to Puno are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE|
|TOUR PERU||DAILY||16:30||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|BOLIVIA HOP||DAILY||07:00||HOTEL PICK UP & DROP OFF||YES|
|TRANS TITICACA||DAILY||08:00 and 13:30||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|GREEN TOAD||WEEKLY||07:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Bolivia Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
La Paz to Puno by bus is usually a pleasant journey with paved road for the most part. Just choose the best bus company and enjoy the journey!