Ica to Arequipa by Bus: 2018 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Ica to Arequipa takes around 12 hours. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Ica to Arequipa.
Ica to Arequipa is a long straight trip down one of the main highways in Peru along the Pacific Coast. There are no flights from Ica so the other option would be going back to Lima and taking flying to Arequipa. Below is some information you should consider when trying to choose the best bus company for this route.
To take a bus from Ica to Arequipa you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Cruz del Sur, Civa)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Ica to Arequipa are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE|
|CRUZ DEL SUR||DAILY||11:00, 19:00, 20:00 and 21:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|PERU HOP||DAILY||13:00||HOTEL PICK-UP & DROP-OFF||YES|
|CIVA||DAILY||17:20, 20:30 and 23:20||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Peru Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Ica to Arequipa by bus is a long trip that is better broken up with a quick stop at Nazca when possible. Just choose the best bus company and enjoy the journey!