Cusco To Paracas by Bus: 2018 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Cusco To Paracas takes around 20 hours. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Cusco To Paracas.
Paracas is a small town and has two main attractions, The Ballestas Islands and the National Reserve. This trip is usually via Nazca (across the dangerous Andes mountains) or Arequipa (a little bit longer but much safer route). The other option is taking a flight to Lima and then a 4 to 5-hour bus to Ica which can be really expensive and time consuming. Below is some information you should consider when trying to choose the best bus company for this route.
To take a bus from Cusco To Paracas you have to main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Cruz del Sur, Oltursa)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Nazca to Lima are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE|
|CRUZ DEL SUR||DAILY||19:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|PERU HOP||DAILY||19:00||PRIVATE TERMINAL||YES|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Peru Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Cusco To Paracas is a long journey and is recommended to make some stops along the way, the most common are Arequipa and Nazca. The longer road via Arequipa is the best option as it is much safer.