Arequipa to Puno by Bus: 2018 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Arequipa to Puno takes around 6 hours. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Arequipa to Puno.
Arequipa to Puno is a beautiful trip from the Colca Canyon in Arequipa to Lake Titicaca in Puno. The other way to get from Arequipa to Puno is by plane (via Juliaca), but this can be expensive, especially factoring in all the airport taxis needed. Below is some information you should consider when trying to choose the best bus company for this route.
To take a bus from Arequipa to Puno you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Cruz del Sur, Civa)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Arequipa to Puno are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSISTANCE|
|CRUZ DEL SUR||DAILY||20:30||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|PERU HOP||DAILY||05:45||HOTEL PICK UP & DROP OFF||YES|
|GREEN TOAD||WEEKLY||08:30||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Peru Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Arequipa to Puno is a nice journey and should be taken during the day if possible, so you can enjoy the stunning sights along the way. Just choose the best bus company and enjoy the journey!