Peru Online: September 2011

It’s the last day of the month, so it’s time to catch up with the best Peru-related articles published in September 2011. Read about trekking in the Cordillera Huayhuash, the Mistura gastronomic festival, the trials of ordering Pardo’s Chicken and more… Peru Articles, September 2011

• Let Them Eat Cake: Mistura and Poverty in Peru: Peru was abuzz with talk of the Mistura festival in September. Not content with a photo post alone, Camden Luxford (The Brink of Something Else) delves deeper with an excellent examination of the event, its spoof counterpart (Misiura) and Peruvian gastro-tourism.

• Peru Dedicates $142.5 Million in Investment to its Top 9 Attractions (2 Parts): The Peru for Less blog highlights nine Peruvian tourist attractions earmarked for future investment.

• Arequipa: A photographic tour of the “White City” by Ward Welvaert and Patricia Carrasco (Life in Peru).

• Culture Confusion: Chilled Drinks in Winter: “Most Peruvians believe drinking chilled drinks in winter will bring on a cold” — the Lady in Lima highlights one particular Peruvian belief that still baffles me…

• Why Would I Cancel My Order?: Language difficulties cause complications when Xavier Humes (Sin Polaris) and his wife phone for Pardo’s Chicken…

________________________________________

That’s it for this month. Thanks to all the bloggers above for providing plenty of great reading material (and photos) during September. In case you want something else to do, I leave you with a trippy illusion (just because I can…).

8 comments for “Peru Online: September 2011

1. September 30, 2011 at 11:53 am

Thanks so much for including me in this months round up!

• September 30, 2011 at 12:12 pm

No problem! Thanks for all the great photos.

2. September 30, 2011 at 2:13 pm

What a great idea for a post and thanks soo much for linking to mine, Tony! =) There are a few bloggers I haven’t had the chance to meet yet, so I really appreciate the recommendations. =)

• September 30, 2011 at 3:41 pm

No problem at all! Did you shoot and edit that interview yourself? Very professional and an interesting subject.

3. October 3, 2011 at 6:57 am

Thanks for mentioning me, Tony! And I am comforted by knowing that I´m not the only one baffled by that belief. Like Sam, I haven´t been introduced to some of these bloggers yet, looks like I have some catching up to do.

• October 4, 2011 at 8:26 am

Hi Meghan. I laughed when I read your article — I hear that cold drinks warning all the time!

Cheers!

4. Steven
    October 3, 2011 at 9:40 am

It is great to learn more about Peru. I like the photos especially White City. Thank you for sharing. I always thought of Peru an ideal vacation destination. I can’t wait to see wonderful the scenery and sites in person.

• October 4, 2011 at 8:29 am

Hi Steven, I’m glad you liked the articles. There are some great photos to browse through — definitely a good advert for Peru.